All our staff are trained to ensure lessons are delivered at the right level of challenge for the different children in their class so that every child is able to learn at their own level of challenge whilst building on strengths in learning styles and broadening developing ones.
We will provide any additional resources to remove barriers for example;
- LSA support
- Vocabulary lists related to topics
- Prompt sheets
- Reference sheets/writing frames
- Number lines/hundred squares
- Use of ICT
Nessy is an interactive, multi-media intervention programme with a variety of games that offer repetition so children can practise specific areas of weakness, with regards to reading, writing and spelling. It contains 120 lessons, following a structured, phonic approach, that are supported by printable card and board games, activity sheets, rules and word lists, mnemonics and computer games. It also has animated spelling rules and story books with decidable text. We provided a morning club for children who would benefit from access this intervention in our ICT suite.
We offer many different forms of additional provision. This can include:
- Additional in-class support.
- Additional out-of- class support.
- Support from our ELSA
- One-to-one support
- Flexible groupings (including small group work)
- Access to specific resources
- Access to a wide range of outside agencies, for example; School Nurse, Autism Outreach, Educational Psychologist, Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Child in Care team, CAMHS (Child and mental health service), Specialist Teaching Service, Visual Impairment Team, Strong links with our local special school.
Additional provision is overseen by our SENCO and is designed and implemented by our teaching team.